Together We're Better!
Northwest Cape Coral Neighborhood Association, Inc.
Working with local officials and residents, the Marine Committee will participate in maintaining and improving the water ways of Northwest Cape Coral.
Northwest Cape Coral Neighborhood Association, Inc. - PO Box 411- Cape Coral FL 33993-0411
The Committee will keep the residents and officials informed of concerns affecting the Northwest canals and lakes, by recommending and supporting appropriate action.
These actions include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
• Identify areas to enable the City's Canal dredging program to maintain channel profile.
• Foster canal litter control.
• Oversee canal signage in support of city ordinance 10, article II.
• Encourage boating safety, and educate residents using the waterways.
• Monitor speed issues /control.
• Coordinate mangrove plantings along shorelines of the spreader.
• Observe the health of the canal system (i.e., water quality, flow and elevation monitoring).
• Engage the City of Cape Coral on water quality improvements affecting the North Spreader canal system.
• Keep membership informed of governmental activities or actions that affect the Northwest Spreader Canal System and make recommendations for official NWNA actions.
• Conduct public/media campaign publicizing the value of these initiatives and the canal system itself.
© 2006 – 2016 NWNA, Inc.