January 13, 2020 Public Works
North 2 and North 1 Updates to City Council.
Public Works Director Paul Clinghan and UEP Project Manager Kevin Higginson provided an update to the City Council on North 2 and North 1 UEP Projects.
North 2 Highlights
• Notices to Proceed for Construction issued 10/18/2017 thru 03/02/2018.
• Assessment methodology same for SW 6&7, North 2 and North 1.
• North 2 Construction Time Extensions were approved primarily due to material and labor shortages.
• North 2 is like all previous UEP’s and all utility and road construction projects in SW Florida. Most complaints are related to dust (dry season), mud (rainy season), and traffic detours.
• North 2 UEP Utilities Notice of Availability – January, February and March notifications will be mailed for specific areas completed with the first surface lift placed.
• 180 Days for homes to connect to Water, Sewer and Irrigation (Plumbers Connections) upon receipt of Notice of Availability.
• After 180 Days Second Lift of pavement placed.
• North 2 Under Budget - Anticipate a North 2 UEP refund. SW 6&7 UEP had a refund of $524 per Equivalent Parcel (EP) for all three utilities.
North 1 UEP
• Presently in negotiations with a National Firm (Tetra Tech) for Design, Permitting and Bidding
• Design Contract to be on March Agenda for Approval by City Council.
• Scope includes evaluation of Construction Contract Phasing considering Funding, Assessments, Bidding, Construction Means and Methods and Construction Contract Time.
• North 1 UEP could be divided into Two Phases with two separate Assessments as approved by City Council.
North 1 UEP Proposed Schedule
• Permitting, Design and Bidding – Starts April 2020
• The City will meet with the NWNA to discuss specific concerns they have during the North 1 UEP design phase.